Angers Week brings a taste of France to Austin with a series of music, art, film, and culinary events through November 8-12. Angers, France is Austin’s sister city and Angers Week highlights Austin’s cultural exchange via multi-venue, multi-disciplinary events.
Visiting talent includes:
- Musicians VedeTT, Meduse, San Carrol, & Cherry Plum
- Visual artists SMOH and PILOU
- Visiting chef Pierrick Le Drain of Un Brin Folk, brewer Benoît Durand of Brasserie Angevine
- Film screenings presented by Anger’s Premiers Plans Film Festival Director Xavier Massé, and much more.
With so much to see and do, Sound Dessert has selected some of our favorite picks from the week. Brush up on your french and add these events to your calendar maintenant!
ANGERS WEEK GUIDE
This photography exhibit highlights work from talented Angers & Texas artists Pilou (who designed the Angers Week graphics), Caroline Ruffault, and White Light Exposure.
SprATX hosts a meet & greet with visiting Angers graphic artist SMOH. Jackrabbit Mobile will be donating a wall for a Sister City Mural. Complimentary beverages will be provided by Cointreau and Bouvet La Dubey.
Angers, France Chef, Pierrick Le Drain, of celebrated restaurant Un Brin Folk, hosts a pop-up in partnership with Baton Creole Chef & Owner Lynzy Moran. Enjoy vintage French pop spun by DoctorMix.
Angers artist Meduse joins Sound Dessert’s showcase at Stay Gold alongside Wonderbitch, Shivery Shakes, & The Wyles.
Angers artists VedeTT and San Carol join Annabelle Chairlegs at Barracuda for the King Khan & BBQ Show official aftershow.
This French fantasy comedy features a man who gains magical powers in water. VINCENT was a favorite of the Angers’ Premiers Plans festival and will be introduced by Premiers Plans director, Xavier Masse.
Bring a blanket and chairs and enjoy an afternoon of:
- Live music from Angers artists Cherry Plum, Meduse, San Carol and VedeTT
- Children’s cartoon screenings programmed by Angers Film Festival
- A photography exhibit featuring photos from Pilou, Caroline Ruffault & White Light Exposure
- Food & drink specials
Austin Angers Creative is a sister city exchange between Austin, TX and Angers, France fostering the collaboration and expression of ideas across artistic mediums through the development of art, events and educational opportunities.
For more information: www.austinangerscreative.com.